I’ve always loved Marianne’s Williamson’s quote, “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world.”
However lately, I’ve connected so much more deeply with her words and know them to be true.
I’m blessed to connect with so many talented entrepreneurs every day, and I see how passionate they are about their work and committed to getting their business going, but they do not recognise their immense Power and inner gifts.
Not knowing their power and gifts is holding them back with their business because they worry and procrastinate about decisions they need to take that will move their business forwards.
When they do eventually market their business, they don’t get the result they are hoping for, because they don’t have a clear message and aren’t confident that their work really helps their ideal clients solve their problems.
I have identified three specific areas that often hold female business owners back with their businesses:
- They are working so hard doing all the marketing they have been told they need to do, posting into Facebook groups, blogging, etc but it isn’t bringing them their ideal clients because they haven’t defined clearly their niche that is in alignment with their inner gifts,
- They know the type of work they want to do and who they want to work with but they don’t know “how” to successfully market themselves with a clear communication that will enable them to gain clients,
- They are super passionate about the work they love doing but doubt whether they are good enough and experienced enough to help the people they are here to help, and their self-doubt is blocking you from putting yourself out there,
If you can relate to any of these areas, then you might be wondering what exactly you can do about this.
Well, you’ll find some of these suggestions helpful to you to start working on connecting with your immense power and inner gifts:
- Contact three of your clients who you have enjoyed working with and ask them for a few minutes of their time. You want to ask them the following questions:
- What made you decide to work with me, rather than anyone else?
- What did you find beneficial about our work together?
- Was there anything you experienced from me that you found really helped you?
- Reflect on what it has taken for you to gain the expertise in your field to be able to help your ideal clients solve their problems. You want to ask yourself:
- What trainings, work experience, jobs have you undertaken to learn your field?
- How many years have you invested in learning your craft?
- If you add up what you have spent in money and time on gaining your expertise, what figure would it come to?
- Take time to reflect and journal about the value you bring to your work, go back to when you first started learning your craft and write down all the accomplishments and successes you have had in your work and business on paper. Take your time doing this, you’ll be surprised what comes up.
By completing the first suggestion you will start to uncover your clients’ perceptions of your gifts. If you don’t have any clients right now, then you can ask your family and friends these questions. Let yourself receive the positive feedback you gain.
My second suggestion will help you to recognise how much time, money and effort you have invested to get to where you are now and to be able to learn your expertise. This is an important exercise to do to truly recognise how unique and special your expertise is.
Finally, by completing suggestion three you will be building your confidence and understanding of the true value of the work you do with your clients. You might like to also take a little time to feel into all those who have supported you in gaining your expertise and continue to support you in doing your work now. Imagine they are standing behind you (they’ve got your back!
Whenever you need to make a decision, take a leap of faith, or put yourself out there with your business, read back over all your answers to these questions and let yourself open to your immense power and gifts.